Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Will of Thomas Fussell

By Pat and Ginger Allen

A 5th Great Grandfather of Julia & Macell Walters
A 6th Great Grandfather of Gaylon Ray Krizak
A 7th Great Grandfather of Colleen and Erin Krizak
See Descendants Report for Thomas Fussell for your connection.

---------------------------------------------

Will of Thomas FUSSELL
• Birth: 13 JAN 1676 in Charles Parish, York County, Virginia
This is a copy of the Will of Thomas Fussell, 4 Jun 1735, Bertie Parish, North Carolina.
In the name of God, Amen. I , Thomas Fussell of the parish of Bertie in
North Carolina being somewhat sick in body but sound, perfect,
disposing mind and memory, thanks be to Almighty God for the same, and
calling to mind the uncertain state of this transitory life and that
all flesh must yield unto death when it shall please God to call , do
make and order in this my last will and testament in the manner
following.
First of all, I commend my soul into the hands of Almighty God hoping
through the merits of my only Savior Jesus Christ to have full remission
of all my sins and to inherit eternal life, and as to my body I commit
to the earth from whence it came to be decently interred at the
discretion of my Executor named , and as for my temporal estate
wherewith it hath pleased God to bless me, I give and dispose of in
the manner following, viz, in the first place, I do give or bequeath to
my eldest daughter Elizabeth the wife of Gilbert Weaver, six hogs.
likewise to my daughter Mary the wife of John Rainwater, six hogs.
Also to my daughter Martha the wife of John Arnal other six hogs more,
and to my daughter Ann, I bequeath the gray horse called Shaver and the
gray horse called Squirrel to my daughter Sarah. Also to my daughter
Ann, I give the wooling wheel, two cows, two yearlings, one dish, one
basin, one blanket, five hundred slay. Likewise to my daughter Sarah,
I give two cows, two yearlings, one dish , the pot and cotton cards, the
bed and two blankets belonging to the house. Likewise to my daughter
Elizabeth the wife of Gilbert Weaver, I give the linen wheel and the
four hundred slay. As for my son, Aaron Fussell, I make him my fully
and wholly Executor of all the rest of my personal estate, as witness
my hand this fourth day of June in the year of our Lord God 1735.

Thomas (X) Fussell
William (X) Weaver, Jurat
Richard (X) Head, Jurat
John (X) Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment